Monday, September 7, 2015

Shoutout Sunday

Today I want to write a special thank you. That’s what Shoutout Sunday is all about; recognizing someone (or something) that has had an impact on my journey in the hobby.
The first person to help me along in the hobby was Luc Sabourin. I first met Luc in October 2013 at a local trainshow and he directed me to his excellent online image posts of QGRY locomotives at http://www.rrpicturearchives.net. I was planning a railfanning trip to scope out the QGRY route from Montreal to Quebec City and Luc had done this trip back in 2009.
I really appreciated his encouragement and Luc was the first person in the hobby to share his enthusiasm and knowledge with me. He suggested that I visit Van Horne Hobbies in Montreal (111 Blvd St Martin East (450) 669-4175). Somewhere I probably would never have found without his tip.
In the last two years, Luc has introduced me to some great model railroaders and I look forward to seeing him at the shows each year.  So a special Shoutout Sunday to you Luc! Thanks for starting me off in this great hobby!

No comments:

Post a Comment